Series: SLX M7100
Application: Cross Country
Type: hydraulic, 2 pistons
Actuation: mineral oil
Hose Length (Front/Rear): 1000 mm/1700 mm
TECHNICAL INFORMATION – CALIPER:
Caliper Mount: post mount
Pads: G03S resin
Calliper Material: Aluminium
Hose Connection: banjo
TECHNICAL INFORMATION – LEVER:
Lever Length: 2-finger
Adjustment Options: reach adjust (no tools required)
Mount: clamp (split), I-Spec EV
Design: right (side-specific), left (side-specific)
Brake Lever Material: Aluminium
Brake Lever Housing Material: Aluminium
Hose Connection: straight
– stable and versatile high-performance brake control
– lightweight 2-piston system
– easy and quick installation
– direct braking power, promotes rider concentration and increases fun
– optimised lever axis position with additional contact point and revised ergonomics
– 10 % stiffer than M7000, even when hot
– faster braking with less empty pull
– flexible, action-optimised cockpit layout thanks to I-Spec EV
– ceramic piston
– IS mount with adapter possible
– recommended brake rotor: SM-RT70
– painted brake calliper, steel bolts (5 mm)
– funnel bleeding
– anodised brake lever, painted body, stainless steel clamp bolt
The Servo Wave brake lever takes up a lot of braking distance at the beginning of its movement so that the pads can be guided to the brake rotor with short lever travel. After the brake pads have been applied, the power transmission factor increases rapidly. The greater part of the lever travel is thus still available to increase the braking force and to modulated it more precisely.
With the I-Spec EV construction, the Shimano shifter can be mounted directly on the brake lever, so that a clamp is not required and the adjustment range can be significantly increased. 14 mm are available with I-Spec EV for longitudinal adjustment and 20° for rotational adjustment, allowing each rider to make a setup to suit their individual anatomy or preferences. I-Spec EV levers are not compatible with older I-Spec systems.
One-Way Bleeding is designed to quickly and easily prevent air from entering the hydraulic system. Shimano has optimised the brake fluid flow path throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being trapped in the system.
One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
Fading of the brake during prolonged uninterrupted operation, e.g. downhill, impairs braking performance. Shimano has introduced brake rotors and pads with Ice-Tech technology to create a cooling technology for consistently high braking performance. The brake rotor has a three-layer stainless steel sandwich structure on the outside encasing an aluminium core. It radiates heat better and reduces surface temperature from 400° C to 300° C, for example. The brake pads also have optional cooling fins. The design of the rotor in combination with the cooling fins results in a longer service life of the pads, less braking noise, less fading and lower weight.
With J-Kit Shimano refers to the still unassembled delivery of its disc brake kits. This saves time during brake installation, especially if you want to run the brake line internally. The brake lever and brake calliper are not yet connected by the brake line. The enclosed brake line is already filled with oil and closed by a protective cap. Before installing the brake lever, remove the protective cap of the line and the lock on the brake lever.
– 1 x Shimano SLX BR-M7100 + BL-M7100 disc brake, front or rear wheel
– 1 x Shimano SM-BH90-SBM brake hose, 1000 mm (front) or 1700 mm (rear wheel)
– 1 x pair Shimano G03S brake pads
– 1 x inserts
– 2 x calliper bolts
– 1 x snap ring
– 1 x olives (assembled)
– not incl. brake rotor
– not incl. adapter
– ready for installation, filled, bleeding is recommended after installation