I-Spec EV describes a variant of the connection between brake lever and shifter in MTB drivetrains. This type of mounting allows the shifter to be adjusted both horizontally and vertically in relation to the brake lever, and ensures a tidy cockpit by reducing the number of clamps required. Compared to I-Spec and I-Spec II, I-Spec EV offers a much wider adjustment range. 14 mm adjustment range the longitudinal direction and up to 60° rotation allow an optimal ergonomic adjustment to your riding style, your sitting position and your anatomy.
One Way Bleeding is a technique used on the brake calliper that makes it easier to bleed the brake. The hose routing has been optimised so that no air bubbles remain in the brake calliper. In combination with the funnel, the brake can be bled cleanly and easily.
J-Kit is a simple hose connection system for hydraulic brakes on internally routed hoses so that you can install your brake quickly and easily. The brake hose does not come connected to the brake to facilitate the routing of the hose in the frame. The brake hose is already filled with oil in the J-Kit and sealed with a thin membrane. There is a small pin in the J-Kit brake lever that pierces this diaphragm during
- Application: All Mountain, City & Touring, Cross Country
- Type: hydraulic, 2 pistons
- Actuation: mineral oil
- Hose: SM-BH59-JK-SS
- Line Length (Front/Rear): 1000 mm/1700 mm
TECHNICAL INFORMATION – CALLIPER
- Calliper Mount: post mount
- Pistons: 2
- Pads: B01S resin
- Design: 2-piece
- Calliper Material: aluminium
- Hose Connection: straight
TECHNICAL INFORMATION – LEVER
- Lever Length: 2-finger
- Adjustment Options: reach adjust (with tools)
- Installation: clamp (split), I-Spec EV
- Design: right (side-specific), left (side-specific)
- Brake Lever Material: aluminium
- Brake Lever Housing Material: aluminium
- Hose Connection: straight
- Powerful 2-piston brake caliper
- Superior modulation
- IS mounting and PM non direct mounting possible with adapter
- Resin pistons
- Recommended brake rotor: SM-RT30, SM-RT54, SM-RT56
- Funnel bleeding
- Brake caliper painted, bolt made of steel (5 mm)
MANUFACTURER PART NUMBERS
- Front: EMT4101JLFPRA100
- Rear: EMT4101JRRXRA170
- 1 x Shimano BR-MT410 + BL-M4100 disc brake, front or rear
- 1 x Shimano SM-BH59-JK-SS brake hose, 1000 mm (front) or 1700 mm (rear)
- 1 pair of Shimano B01S brake pads
- 1 x inserts
- 1 x olives
- 2 x calliper bolts
- 1 x Snap ring, mount ready, filled, bleeding is recommended
- 3 Years Warrantyon Dura-Ace and XTR Components
- 2 Years Warrantyon all other Shimano Components
- 1 Year Warranty on all Shimano footwear, clothing and wheels
Established in 1921.
Shimano is the world’s largest manufacturer of bike components.
Today Shimano globally operates three key businesses, with sales offices and factories all over the world. They will continue supplying “captivating products” to help promote the bicycle and sports fishing cultures
Japanese company Shimano is the most popular groupset manufacturer with a range of groupsets at different prices. It’s constantly updating the other bike components too, with the newest features debuting first on its top-end technology, Dura-Ace, before eventually filtering down through the range.
Their bicycle components division has a wide range of product line-ups such as brakes, pedals, wheels, gears, chain sets etc., and represents 80% of the company’s total revenue.
Shimano has about 70% of global share in bicycle gears and brakes, and approx. 50% of the overall bicycle components market.
Shimano’s products are designed to meet customer needs for easy, trouble-free installation with a guaranteed great result every time. Some factors that aid Shimano to stay ahead over their competitors are as follows: Economical prices client-friendly service timely delivery wide distribution network ethical business operations transparent deals the team carries out a comprehensive range of tests on all components and finished products to ensure we meet or exceed all the international standards. Their quality commitment extends to social, ethical and environmental responsibilities and Shimano are proud to be members of all the key industry associations.